I am all about everything fall-related, especially the food! My favorite by far is the spaghetti squash. The great thing about spaghetti squash is that it’s available and delicious year-round, although my favorite time to have it is during the cooler months.
Before we dive into my recipe, there are some fun facts about spaghetti squash that I recently learned.
Discovered in China, spaghetti squash is classified as Cucurbita pepo, which is a winter type of squash and a member of the Cucurbitaceae family, which also includes some of my other favorites such as gourds, pumpkins, and zucchini. What makes spaghetti squash so popular is in the name, it’s a noodle or spaghetti-like texture!
Not only is it unique in its family, but it’s super healthy for you and is packed with potassium, folic acid, folate, vitamin A and fiber.
Spaghetti Squash is my absolute go-to for not only a nutritious and very filling meal, but one that is also very low in BITES. Bonus!
Spaghetti Squash Chicken Alfredo
The reason I love this recipe is that it can either be made with the Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips or raw boneless skinless chicken breast that you prepare yourself. I opted for the pre-cooked breasts because I’m always on the go! I opted for convenience with the Alfredo sauce also by using a jarred sauce. Feel free to make your own.
Time: 55-60 minutes
1. 1 spaghetti squash
2. 1 tsp olive oil or substitute olive oil cooking spray
3. salt & pepper to taste
4. 8 oz Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips
5. 1 cup of your favorite Alfredo sauce
1. preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds.
3. Drizzle insides with 1 tsp of olive or substitute olive oil spray.
4. Sprinkle insides with salt & pepper.
5. Using a fork, poke about 4 holes in the skin of the squash.
6. Place squash face down on a prepared baking sheet.
7. Roast at 400°F for 30-40 minutes.
8. In a skillet spray non-stick cooking spray and add in 8 oz of Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips and 1 cup of Alfredo Sauce of your choice.
9. Cook chicken and Alfredo sauce on medium for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let simmer while squash continues to cook.
10. Once your spaghetti squash is cooked, remove from oven and let cool enough to be able to touch.
11. Use a fork to scrape the strands and insides onto a serving plate.
Add cooked chicken breast strips and Alfredo sauce, season as desired.